Some online poker casinos do not allow pokerbots to play in them. Therefore, some poker clients (or casino employees) actively attempt to detect bots. While there is hardly anything one can do to control how far they will go with that, some people try to hide their pokerbot activities as much as possible. They do this by both protecting their privacy and implementing automated play that is as close as possible to the one of a human.
- Have the pokerbot covered so that it is non-identifiable on the file system, system registry or system memory (see "Stealth" below)
- Have the pokerbot interaction with the casino (as well as reaction to events) similar to the one of a human player.
- Play normal poker sessions and keep away your bot from suspicious behaviour
- Keep your presence private in the internet, and use anonymizer.
- Two computers stealth setup
- Use a framegrabber in a two computer setup.
- VMWare Stealth Setup
- Bring and WinPP
- Anonymizing a Virtual Machine using TOR
- WinHoldEm article on how to avoid detection
- Poker AI stealth